After opening an account, you’re probably wondering how you can put some money into it so you can move closer towards achieving your financial goals. We’ve got you covered!
Moving money from a bank account:
If you’re looking to move money from your bank account to RBC InvestEase, it’s fast and easy. This can be done electronically without a signature or having to speak with us. (Of course, if you want to talk to us, we’re here for you!)
To transfer funds, just follow these steps:
- Sign in at www.rbcinvestease.com and enter your client card or username along with your password or sign in to RBC Online Banking and follow the RBC InvestEase link on your account summary page.
- To start a new transfer, click on the Move Money tab at the top of our website.
- Click Select for “A Bank Account”.
Your RBC bank accounts should be selectable in the drop-down field.
If transferring from another financial institution, you will have the option to send us a bill payment or to add your bank account for future transfers.
Contributions from an RBC chequing or savings account will be processed in real-time between 4:30am and 7:55pm. Contributions from other bank accounts can take a little longer but we’ll take care of everything once you complete your request.
Moving money from a broker:
Moving your investments to RBC InvestEase is quick and easy once we have approved your account. Transfers from an existing investment account can be done in a few simple steps from the Move Money page.
From the Move Money page, follow these four easy steps:
- Click Select for “An Investment Account”.
- Under Transfer from:
- Choose the correct information for your financial institution and account type.
- Enter your account number.
- Under Transfer to, select the InvestEase account you want your investments to go to:
- Under Transfer instructions, choose how you want your account transferred:
- Full transfer, in cash: This will transfer your full account balance in cash, automatically selling any positions in the account for you, and transferring the proceeds.
- Partial transfer, in cash: This will transfer only part of your account balance in cash (just let us know how much you’d like to move to RBC InvestEase), automatically selling any positions in the account for you, and transferring the proceeds.
Transfers from an RBC investment account (such as an RBC Direct Investing account) typically take 1-2 weeks. Transfers from an investment account at another financial institution typically take 3-4 weeks.
If you have any questions about funding your account or need help completing these steps online, call us at 1–800–769–2531 between 8am and 8pm EST.